YOOPER CREATION STORY
In da beginnin dere was nuttin.
Den on da first day God created da Upper Peninsula.
On da second day He created da partridge, da deer, da bear, da fish, and da ducks.
On da third day He said let dere be Yoopers to roam da Upper Peninsula.
On da fourth day He created da udder world down below.
On da fifth day He said "Let dere be trolls to live in da world down below."
On da sixth day he created da bridge so da trolls would have a way to get to heaven.
God saw it was good and on da seventh day He went huntin.
HOLY WA, DAT'S NOT DE END, DONCHA KNOW?!?!?
OTHER FUN THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE U.P....
- One day it's warm, the rest of the year it's cold.
- People who have say "I have half a mind to go to the U.P." have all the
- Nearly 30% of residents in Schoolcraft County in the U.P. are graduates
of the sixth grade.
- If you fly a straight line from Sault Ste. Marie to Ironwood, you'll
see a lot of trees.
- Dollar Bay in the U.P. was named after the annual salary in the area.
- The U.P. is the supplier of mosquitos to the free world.
- There are two seasons in the U.P. -- Swat and Shovel.
- People in the U.P. wear boots because they are in style - not because
there is snow on the ground.
- Michigan's U.P. was never considered as a site for the state capital;
however, it does have a town named Ralph.
And remember... "Say ya to da U.P., 'eh?"