So, you think you know Christmas
1. Christmas trees are a custom that originated in _______
A. Iceland B. Germany C. Italy D. Russia
2. Some Christmas songs are carols, and some aren’t. Which of _______
these songs IS?
A. Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
B. Deck the halls with boughs of holly
C. Joy to the world!
D. Silent Night
3. In Charles Dickens’s story A Christmas Carol, how many ghosts _______
haunted Ebenezer Scrooge on Christmas Eve?
4-6. What are the traditional names given to the three Kings ____________
(the Magi, the Wise Men)? Pick three.
A. Alberich E. Caspar I. Julius
B. Aloysius F. Denethor J. Lazarus
C. Balthazar G. Earendil K. Melchior
D. Caractacus H. Jabez L. Melchizedek
7. When and where did St. Nicholas live? _______
A. 4th Century, Turkey B. 12th Century, Norway
C. 16th Century, Holland D. Never, North Pole
8. Advent means _______
A. “Preparing” B. “Opening” C. “Coming” D. “1/2 Off Sale!”
9. What WAS in “those ships all three” on Christmas Day ____________
in the morning?
10. Who stole Christmas, in Dr. Suess’s book? _______
A. Satan B. The Grinch C. Prof. Moriarty D. Jack Frost
11-12. What did the angels wish to God and to Men, respectively, __________
on that first Christmas? Hint: “X to God in the highest,
and on earth Y, Z to Men.” (Y or Z will count for #12.)
13-20. Name Santa’s eight miniature reindeer, as given in C. C.
Moore’s poem, “A Visit From St. Nicholas.” _________________
Scoring: 16-20 You can drive the sleigh!
11-15 You get to be an elf.
6-10 Start making Easter Eggs
0-5 Expect a lump of coal.
Answers in the next post.