Leavin' on a jet plane
I leave for Great Britain in eleven days, and I still have two campsites which have not confirmed with me, despite telephone calls and e-mails.
The Wasdale camp is first come, first served. I'm a little leary of trying to hustle down from Glasgow to claim a site on a Friday, so I've sent off a £10 deposit to hold a campsite at Church Stile Farm in Nether Wasdale. If they confirm my booking, I can pay them on-line and be done with that.
I got tired of waiting for the Boy Scout camp in Dilston to reply, so I've contacted a commercial camp in Bellingham. Both are in the Hexham area. But the second camp hasn't replied, either, so I guess I'll be telephoning England in the morning AGAIN. Got to get that site nailed down for a two-day stay.