NPC casting call
I was going to recommend an NPC to stryck
for her Evil World!
FRPG setting. Then it occured to me that if everybody chipped in, we could assemble quite an assortment of colorful NPCs ("non-player characters" to the uninitiated). So here are my initial efforts.
1. A biker pixie named Stinkerbelle.
2. A vampire with a sweet tooth who only attacks diabetics (Fletcher Pratt and L.Sprague de Camp came up with this idea for Tales from Gavagan's Bar
, but never wrote his story.)
3. A sentient Sword +5, Home Defender
which bonds telepathically and permanently to its owner -- and which can supply a surprising number of spells and effects -- but will only do so in defense of the owner's realm, home, family. In fact, soon after bonding with this sword, it will begin to nag the owner about settling down, building a manor, getting married . . . Eventually, it will have to be bargained with or it will sulk and withhold its magic in critical battles. Unless in pursuit of kidnapers, heading home, or similar situation, will lose one plus for every twenty miles away from home.
4. A werebear who rides a unicycle -- and is very touchy about it.
5. A firm of advocates (or merchants, if you have no lawyers in your game setting) -- an elf, a centaur, a druidess, and a halfling -- whose shingle reads, Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme.
The halfling's first name is Justin, of course.
x-posted to christiangamers