Telling still their ancient story, their Creator's changeless love
Anyway, I had the propane heater knocking the chill off the cabin before she got there. We spent some time together, ate supper, talked about stuff, and planned out the circuitry of our cabin. Not that we're planning on getting electrical service out in the holler yet, but we intend to insulate and panel the cabin this year, and we need to have the wiring ready for eventual service before we do that.
It was a crystal clear night full of stars. As I was cleaning up and closing down about 9:00 o'clock, I noticed that the moon -- just a crescent moon only a few days old -- was so bright that it cast my shadow on the drive. You could see the dark moon's face against the sky, with the bright crescent to the lower right of it -- what they call "the old moon in the new moon's arms." You could count the Pleiades, Orion was glorious, a planet (Mars, I think) was wandering through Taurus. Gorgeous, gorgeous.
The evening may have started late, but it was all worth it.