Today was the first day I felt up to doing some work at Wilderstead in a couple of weeks. I went to Menard's at 6:30 a.m. to get a couple of things and headed out on the highway. When I got to the hollow, the first thing I did was check my security camera. I hadn't checked it for a month, but then, I never get anything on it. Well, this fellow showed up over a couple of nights, so there's that. Hello, anybody home? I figured since I'm balked from raising the main roof trusses until Sept. 4 (our reschedule date -- third try's the charm), I'd work on the side roof. Since that little roof over Deanne's solar extends out a ways over the deck-to-be, I first had to raise a 16' 4x6. Getting it raised wasn't the problem. Getting it plumb wasn't the problem. Getting it square with the joist and stringer that determined its placement was the problem. Despite lots of careful measurements, the timber was out of place by 2-3 inches. Moving the pole wasn't a problem, but I had to move the hole. While the timber was in it. I finally got it up. A three-hour job turned into a five-hour job in the heat of the day. This timber supports both the deck-to-be and the side roof-to-be. Other deck supports only have to rise to the level of the guardrail around the deck. Support timber in place I could almost do spar-pole climbing once the concrete sets When I went to get water out of the creek to mix the concrete for the hole, I discovered that my bathing pool is no more. The torrential rains we had a few weeks ago scraped out a new falls and wading pools just upstream and dumped several tons of rock in my previous bathing spot, completely filling it. No wonder Heraclitus said you can't step into the same stream twice. My little Pishon keeps remaking itself from year to year.