1. The Articles of Religion of The Methodist Church (as prepared by John Wesley in abridgement of the Thirty-Nine Articles of the Church of England and as modified by the General Conference of 1808).
2. The Confession of Faith of The Evangelical United Brethren Church (which merged with The Methodist Church in 1968 -- the Confession was ruled to be totally compatible with the Articles of Religion).
3. The Standard Sermons of John Wesley (which he published in his lifetime).
4. John Wesley's The Explanatory Notes Upon the New Testament.
5. The General Rules of The Methodist Church (more a behavioral than a doctrinal standard).
"Dissemination of doctrines contrary to the established standards of doctrine of the Church" is a chargeable offense for both ordained and lay United Methodists.