News from the peaceable kingdom
The holler is really greening up fast. The creek is in spate. I put on my sandals and crossed it by the ford on my neighbor's property; I could feel the force of the water against my feet. There was a 'possum on the bank under a brush pile this morning, but he was a bit camera shy. First one of those I've seen at Wilderstead.
I got some chores done, and made a list of stuff to get done before I get swamped with summer activities. It rained again overnight; I lay in the cabin and heard it spatter on the skylights and roof. In between rains, the stars came out in glory. Mars is close to Antares in Leo. These two old foes would have dominated the sky if it weren't for Venus pouring fire out of heaven on the other side of the firmament. In between, Orion, Taurus, and the Dogs exhibited their bejeweled tableau.
I feel so much better for having been out there, to have spent the night, and dug in the dirt, and walked about. It is my haven.